Oasis Safety and Reporting Options

Seeking support and safety for yourself and those you care about is important. You can consult the Oasis Program or other agencies listed below to learn of your legal options and options for protecting yourself.

Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Southern Arizona Legal Aid

To Make a Formal Report

If you were harmed…
On campus, in a UA-owned facility or at a UA-sponsored event you can contact UAPD to report the crime (520) 621-8273 or call 911 from a campus phone.
Off-campus you can contact Tucson Police Department at 911.

To Make a Confidential Report

Some individuals want to file a report but do not want anyone to know that they have done so. If you are a victim of a violent crime on campus and do not want to pursue action with the Dean of Students Office or with the police department, you may want to consider making a confidential report. The Oasis Program is able to provide this service to students, faculty, and staff. With your permission, the Oasis Program can file a report on the details of the incident without revealing your identity. The purpose of a confidential report is to comply with your wish to keep the matter confidential, while taking steps to ensure the future safety for yourself and others. With such information, the University can keep an accurate record of the number of incidents involving students, determine where there is a pattern of crime with regards to a particular location, method, or assailant, and alert the campus community to potential danger. Reports filed in this matter are counted and disclosed in the annual crimes statistics for the UA.

For Shelter Services

Tucson offers emergency shelter services and 24-hour crisis services for individuals experiencing harm or danger from relationship violence. Assistance is available for both male and female victims.

Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse

Filing for an Order of Protection or an Injunction Against Harassment

In Arizona there are two legal routes to attempt to gain safety. Be aware that filing for either of these orders does not guarantee safety.*

An individual can file for an Order of Protection if they are living with, have lived with, have a child with, or are a family member of the individual from which he/she needs protection. Check out this website below for information about how to file for an Order of Protection:

Tucson City Court: Orders Of Protection

If you do not meet the requirements for an Order of Protection (see above), you can file for a similar legal order called an Injunction Against Harassment. Check out this website for information about how to file for an Injunction Against Harassment:

Tucson City Court: Injunction Against Harrassment

* Filing for either of these orders is an individual decision and should be based upon information regarding each person’s situation. Research has documented that in some cases risk can increase after a protective order is served. However, in other cases, the risk is decreased by an order. There is no way to know for sure how the perpetrator will react to being served. It may be helpful to talk with professionals about this option. Most importantly, listen to what your instincts are telling you.